CAPTAINFull Time • Hourly (Based on Experience)
Palette Restaurant is seeking a highly motivated and service-minded individual to join our fine dining concept as a Captain.
Nestled in the SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco, Palette is an innovative seafood restaurant from Chef Peter Hemsley — a veteran of Quince. His "Cal Coastal" cooking style focuses on seasonal seafood and vegetables from the greater California coast with an emphasis on traceability. The dramatic and expansive dining room invites guests to immerse themselves in a unique fine dining experience with warm hospitality, a classically-driven wine program, and craft cocktails.
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Have multiple years of experience in fine dining hospitality
- Have a thorough knowledge of food and beverage
- Have a strong personality — be determined to deliver a detailed and high level of luxury service
- The Captain is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service for the guest, keeping service and the optimal guest experience in mind. The Captain is the face of the table — the host of the party, the main salesperson, and ultimately responsible for the success of the section.
- In a leadership position, the Captain is at the head of the brigade team and must build trust between all of the positions for the most effective results.
- Candidates should be meticulous, efficient, and open to learning and suggestions. Please be prompt, reliable, and always carry a gracious and hospitable attitude. You will be working in a small team, and so you should enjoy teamwork.
We seek individuals who pursue this career as a passion and a profession. Benefits & perks include: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off, 401k, commuter benefits, potential bonuses, and dining discounts.
If qualified and interested, please inquire directly with Chef Peter at email@example.com
Please send us your resume along with a cover letter about why you think you might be a good fit. Palette is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.